2005 Jan 30 11:41

Re: [vox-tech] opengl: lines and points

On Sun 30 Jan 05,  9:58 AM, Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> said:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:49:56 -0500
> p@dirac.org (Peter Jay Salzman) wrote:
>
> > Hola,
> >
> > These are some really embarrassing questions, but I've been stumped
> > for a while on this.
> >
> > I've already written the requisite spinning cube.  I've even texture
> > mapped it.  I've written a "flight simulator" that lets you fly around
> > a teapot.
> >
> > But there are 3 really basic questions I'm at a complete loss at.
> >

> > 1. The only point size that appears to be available is the default
> > pointsize
> >    of 1, whether I'm dealing with AA or not AA points.  I've verified
> >    this with glGetFloatv() and GL_POINT_SIZE_RANGE.
> >
> >    If there are any GL programmers out there, I'm curious what point
> >    size ranges you have available on your system.
>
> The GL_POINT_SIZE_RANGE on my nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440
> AGP 8x] is 0.000000 to 63.375000. This is probably system-dependant.
>
> What graphics card are you using?

Ken, I'm assumming that you actually ran a program like the one I posted to
get your point size?  I'm really curious what Richard finds about his OpenGL
point sizes.

I run a Voodoo-5 on the machine I'm having the wierd problems on.

BTW, all my other machines seem to be posting a min and max point size of
1.0 too.   :-(

> > 2. Same problems with lines.  It appears that the only available width
> > is
> >    1.  I can make them thicker by drawing lines next to each other,
> >    but the only width available on my system, both AA and non-AA, is
> >    1.  Again, I'm curious what other people have available to them.
>
> I don't know how to get this information.

I believe it's "GL_LINE_WIDTH_RANGE".

Pete