2005 Jan 24 13:18

Re: [vox-tech] Copyright and license

On Sun 23 Jan 05,  2:44 PM, Micah Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
> Peter Jay Salzman wrote (in reply to Richard):
>
> >Thanks for the two cents! One of the reasons why I didn't think the 2nd
> >
> >question was clear is because I have audio CD's that actually DO say
> >something to the effect of "this is a prerelease, and this CD must be
> >surrendered if we ask for it".
> >
> >But then again, that can be considered a rudimentary license, whereas the
> >OpenGL tutorial didn't have anything like that.
> >

> I think that's exactly the case. There is an implied license in the
> OpenGL case. There are some things which I believe you can take as
> definitely implied--that is, they'd almost certainly hold up in court. I
> think there are other things which you might be able to support as being
> implied, but which might be less stable a case.

It's kind of a shame, because they were decent OpenGL tutorials.  What made
them special is that the guy had other people translate the tutorials into
different windowing API's: Win32, SDL, GLUT, and some others.

Too bad.  The whole site where the the OpenGL tutorials were hosted appears
to have gone semi-commercial.

Pete