January 6: Social gathering
2005 Jan 23 14:50

Re: [vox-tech] Copyright and license

Peter Jay Salzman wrote (in reply to Richard):

Thanks for the two cents! One of the reasons why I didn't think the 2nd

question was clear is because I have audio CD's that actually DO say
something to the effect of "this is a prerelease, and this CD must be
surrendered if we ask for it".

But then again, that can be considered a rudimentary license, whereas the
OpenGL tutorial didn't have anything like that.

I think that's exactly the case. There is an implied license in the OpenGL case. There are some things which I believe you can take as definitely implied--that is, they'd almost certainly hold up in court. I think there are other things which you might be able to support as being implied, but which might be less stable a case.