2005 Jan 24 13:14

[vox-tech] Copyright and license

Suppose someone writes a useful document.  They put a copyright notice onto
the document, but no license.  They put it on the web, for free, and it
stays there for years.  At some point I download a copy of that document.
The *intention* (although not explicitly stated) is for people to download
the document and play around with it (the document in question is an OpenGL
programming tutorial).

Now suppose they decide to make money off the document, so they set up a
commerce site and charge for access to that document.

Am I allowed to give my copy of the document, from when it was freely
available off the web, to somebody?

Am I now obligated to delete the document off my hard drive?

Pete