2005 Jan 20 10:04

Re: [vox-tech] Sparc-based distro?

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 22:48, Josh Parsons flailed at a keyboard and
produced this:
> I've used Aurora on various sparc machines, and was pretty happy with
> it. I'm used to rpm-based distros and didn't particularly want to change
> to debian. I also did a lot of manual rebuilding and upgrading of
> packages.

Well, I downloaded the Sparc64 Gentoo LiveCD and I'm going to try that out
tomorrow at work.  I've heard very good things about Gentoo so we'll see how
it goes.

Meanwhile, I see you're at the Philosophy department.  Spiffy.  I got my BA in
philosophy from UCD in 1992.  Is Dr. Mattey still around?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@mossroot.com)