January 6: Social gathering
2005 Jan 19 19:07

Re: [vox-tech] gcc questions: inline and -ffast-math

On Mon 17 Jan 05,  1:44 PM, Ken Herron <kherron+lugod@fmailbox.com> said:
> My only experience with -ffast-math is that it breaks mozilla's
> JavaScript interpreter, and the JS maintainer isn't too interested in
> bug reports about it :-(
>
> Intel has a compiler which is free for noncommercial use on Linux; see
> <http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/clin/>. If you're to
> the point of tweaking optimizer flags, you might give it a try.

I didn't think of that, even though I use their Fortran compiler on the rare
occaisions that I use Fortran.

Did I really say that out loud?  :-)

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll give it a go.  It might be interesting to
benchmark my code under the two compilers.

Pete