January 6: Social gathering
2005 Jan 14 09:04

[vox-tech] OpenGL - perspective projections

[vox-tech] OpenGL - perspective projections

Hi all,

In my little snatches of spare time, I've been reading a book on OpenGL.
Don't care much for the book, but that's the breaks.

I have a question about the projection matrix.

When I draw stuff to the screen, OpenGL takes care of perspective for me.
In other words, when I put a triangle centered at (0,0,-1), it apears bigger
than a triangle centered at (0,0,-999999).  I don't have to play with a
projection matrix for this to happen.

So, then, what exactly is the projection matrix used for?

Thanks!
Pete