2005 Jan 13 17:38

Re: [vox-tech] Perl programming problem

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

my $fromAddress='rcrawford@unexmail.ucdavis.edu';
my $toAddress='rcrawford@unexmail.ucdavis.edu';
my $body="Neo is down as of $timeString\n";
my $mailer=open ({From => $fromAddress, To => toAddress, Subject=>$subject});
print $mailer $body;
$mailer->close();
My guess is that you're not setting the envelope sender address, which is used during the SMTP exchange. The From parameter may only be setting the header sender address, which appears in the "From" header.

Reconfiguring your system's SMTP software shouldn't be necessary, unless the system in question is the official mail handler for unexmail.ucdavis.edu. I don't know what mail-sending module you're using, but see if it offers a way to set an additional sender address.