2005 Jan 13 11:18

Re: [vox-tech] Plextor PX-712A not working...

On Thu 13 Jan 05, 11:20 AM, Dylan Beaudette <dylan@iici.no-ip.org> said:
> On Thursday 13 January 2005 11:04 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > here is some output from dmesg regarding all that is IDE:
> > > PCI: Ignoring BAR0-3 of IDE controller 0000:00:1f.2
> > > Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
> > > ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with
> > > idebus=xx
> > >
> > > ..perhaps a module for the IDE controller is not loading..?
> >
> > Do you have a working /dev/hd[a-g]?  Can you check for me whether /dev/hda
> > (or any of your hard drives) have DMA turned on?
> >
> > Pete
>
> Pardon my ignorance.... but what is the best way to do this...?
>
> Thanks!

Can you post the output of:

   mount

and:

   hdparm /dev/hda
   hdparm /dev/hdb
   hdparm /dev/hdc
   hdparm /dev/hdd
   hdparm /dev/hde
   hdparm /dev/hdf
   hdparm /dev/hdg

If any of the output says "no device" or something to that effect, don't
bother posting it.  IIRC, you have to run hdparm as root, even when you just
want to query the hardware.

Pete