2005 Jan 10 20:16

Re: [vox-tech] OT: over-the-air HD in davis?

Re: [vox-tech] OT: over-the-air HD in davis?

Hello,

Here are my results of OTA HDTV using a 58", 25 element antenna (RCA part# ANT3020X) with an advertised 35 mile radius. For testing purposes, the antenna was placed on my front porch. It will eventually go up in the attic. I live in South Davis, near Safeway.

I plugged the antenna into my DishNetwork HD receiver and the following channels with ~90% reception. To sum up my experience... Wow! OTA HD is really, really cool. It seems that if you can receive the signal, then there is no static or interference. Either you have the signal in full HD glory or you don't it at all.

I'm a little concerned about pixelation once I put the antenna in the attic, so I might return it and get a 80" 32 element model.

Regards,
Charles

Ch# Name Analog or Digital
-- ---- -----------------
3 ABC A
3-01 KCRA-DT D

I remember seeing KVIE but don't have it in my notes

10-01 KXTV-DT D
10-02 News10 D
10-03 Radar D
13-01 KOVR-HD D