2005 Jan 08 16:29

[vox-tech] SIGSEGV on kdmgreet after dist-upgrade

[vox-tech] SIGSEGV on kdmgreet after dist-upgrade

Greetings,

I have been using Sarge for the last couple of months without incident,
however after a dist-upgrade this morning i was left with a
non-functioning kdm... when it loads i get a KDE-style error message
(SIGSEGV) and kdm quits...

i am able to start KDE via XDM, but my font's are not rendered correctly...

in the past i have been using;
atptitude update && aptitude upgrade

this morning i tried a dist-upgrade, in order to get some packages that
were being held back....

is this a problem that should go away with the next upgrade cycle, or have
i inadvertantly done something horribly wrong...?

thanks in advance

Dylan