2005 Jan 08 09:09

[vox-tech] Re: [LUNI] Debian NIC names

Joe Digilio wrote:
I think what you're looking for is /etc/modutils/aliases
Adding a couple of lines like this should work...

alias eepro100 eth0
alias prism wan0

That's just an example (I have no idea what a real wireless module name is
since I've never dealt with 802.11 before, but you get the idea). Just
substitute the appropriate module names and you should be good to go.

HTH,
Joe
I do have a prism card, but I don't know the name of my wired nic. How would I find that out?

Currently there is nothing in the /etc/modutils/aliases with regard to my network cards

Jay