2005 Jan 06 13:11

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Net Install Question

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Net Install Question

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:53:05 -0800
"Robert G. Scofield" <rscofield@afes.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your help.  I'm saving all these posts to put in my Linux
> binder.
>
> But here's a question.  What is the meaning of the message
> "sarge-i386-netinst.iso: OK" when I run "md5sum sarge-i386-netinst.iso
> | mdsum -c",  "sarge-i386-netinst.iso: OK"?

Assuming you mean md5sum -c, it means that nobody edited
sarge-i386-netinst.iso betweent he first check (run by md5sum) and the
second check (run by md5sum -c)

the -c option means it should take a list of files and md5sums which are
the output of a previous md5sum command and use that to check the
appropriately named files in the current directory.