2005 Jan 05 17:50

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Net Install Question

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Net Install Question

Very likely you burned a "data cd", since that is one of the selections in the initial k3b window. Instead, you need to burn the iso image to the disk. In k3b you can do this by selecting tools -> cd -> burn cd image.

Jonathan

Robert G. Scofield wrote:
I've been reading about the Debian network installation and decided to try it. As I understand it you download a relatively small file to burn to a CD, and then later install what you need.

So I downloaded this file: sarge-i386-netinst.iso

But when I burn it, it doesn't boot. I downloaded it with Firebird, and there was no option to set the files to binary. I assume that the files must have been set to binary by default.

I used K3B to burn the CD. In Settings I checked the box for copying system files. There was no special box to check for burning a bootable CD like there is in my Windows CD burner. (I actually tried my Windows CD burner, and that led to a disaster which I won't get into here.)

So does anybody know what I've done wrong. I know my BIOS is set for booting CD's because I was booting Knoppix last night.

Thanks.

Bob