2005 Jan 04 18:50

[vox-tech] Installing subversion from sid into a sarge box

[vox-tech] Installing subversion from sid into a sarge box

Hi,

I want to install the 1.1.1-2 version of subversion, onto my stock sarge box (sarge contains v1.0.9).

After reading the apt manual, I seems like I should be able to add the unstable tree into my sources.list, add an entry into my /etc/apt/apt.conf like:

APT::Default-Release "testing"; # to keep everything at sarge

And I'm good to go.

But, I don't have a /etc/apt/apt.conf, there is a /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf which contains:

iron:~# cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf
// Pre-configure all packages with debconf before they are installed.
// If you don't like it, comment it out.
DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};

Am I supposed just create this file myself?

I don't want to hose myself. I've just finally got this machine looking sorta how I want it :)

Jay