2005 Jan 03 15:53

Re: [vox-tech] Dead ethernet on Thinkpad T20

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 01:48:14PM -0800, Dmitriy wrote:
> Most nics only light up after they are initialized by drivers.

Good to know.

<snip>
> Check syslog/dmesg for any suspicious messages.

I tried, but didn't see anything notable in there.  I am naive, though. ;)

> What does mii-tool report?

Dunno, I'll try it next time I can get at her laptop. :)

> Are you 99+% sure cable/port is good?

Yes.  I pulled the cable from our wireless access point (which I had been
using to get online with her laptop when the builtin NIC stopped working
for me), and it didn't do anything, either.

> If nic is mini-pci you might be able to just replace it, but not sure about
> that.

*shrug*

<snip>
> Umm.. Burn a new one?

Actually, the one I tried was a Knoppix for Kids, so it was pressed, not
burned!

I think I have another one lying around somewhere...

> You guys are big BT users, right ;)

If by "you guys" you mean me, then no. :^)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                               Have I been helpful?
http://newbreedsoftware.com/    http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick