2005 Jan 01 10:32

Re: [vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

Re: [vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
I downloaded the pdf manual for the mobo, and followed the instructions to
press the right keys to go through the BIOS menus, using the keyboard
lights to tell me when I was "in" and when I had "left the
BIOS".  However, I don't know EXACTLY which keys to press to make changes
in this BIOS... I have used Phoenix bioses before, though, and think that
"enter" opens a little dialog box with a list of options, of which the pdf
says I have two, so I press "up" or "down" (have tried both a couple of
times) and press enter again to complete the selection.

There in lays your problem. The method of getting input varies by BIOS maker and version. Does the PDF manual have screen captures of the BIOS screen? If so, enlarge the page and look closely at the bottom for a legend of navigation keys. I've got two motherboard manuals that have Phoenix BIOS overviews and both have slightly different navigation keys. The older one suggests using PgUp and PgDown to select values, but also has +/- listed on the bottom in its navigation legend. The newer manual just has +/- listed in the legend.