Re: [vox-tech] Getting new Linux box to boot

On Friday 31 December 2004 11:07, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>    1a. cd into your *real* root filesystem, /mnt
>    1b. Use chroot.  This makes /mnt temporarily "look" like /.
>    1c. Run lilo and reboot.

I remounted lumix to /mnt/lmx via:

# mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/lmx -t ext2 -o exec

Then I executed mount and got this:

# mount
.
.
.
/dev/hda1 on /mnt/lmx type ext2 (rw)

which seems like the exec flag is not being set.

Also, when I tried chroot:

# chroot /mnt/lmx /bin/sh

I got:

illegal instruction

I double checked and made sure that sh is really in /mnt/lmx/bin/sh

All I can figure is that for some reason the exec flag is not really being set
when I execute the mount command, and this is causing the chroot command to
fail.

--
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@mossroot.com)
AIM: Buffalo2K / http://www.mossroot.com