Re: [vox-tech] vim coolness - printing code

On Fri 31 Dec 04, 12:07 PM, Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> said:

> Or you could do this:
>
>    1. Visual select the code of interest
>    2. Type:  "!enscript"  (no ':')

     3. Type" "u"

Ooops!  You need to type "u" to put the code back into the file.  Could be a
tremendous blunder if you forget that last step.  There's a few way to
eliminate that last step.

But I like the fact that no macro or configuration is required.  Is there a
way to pipe selected text *without* replacing the piped text with the output
of the pipe?

Pete