[vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

[vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

Friend of mine gave up on this P4 2.6Ghz computer, seems a waste though.
His wife got frustrated one day trying to move the computer and broke the
onboard video connector (yes, those are screws on the side of that
connector)... it is pretty smashed. I took out their hard disk and put it
into another of their computers, and they gave me the rest of the cpu box.
I may end up buying a $60 mobo, but wouldn't mind running it headless if I
could throw a $10 video card into it to set up the machine with.  The
problem, of course, is that the mobo doesn't have an internal video
override jumper... you have to use the Pheonix BIOS to switch to "Primary
video = PCI".  I've tried to do this blind with an old PCI video card
plugged in, but it isn't working and of course I can't figure out why.
The keyboard lights blink at the appropriate times, so I am changing
something.

Anyone have any ideas, or is this mobo just really hosed?

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing