Re: [vox-tech] SoundBlaster 16 woes

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 11:37:32PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Hrm...  I see (via strace) that /etc/modules.conf is being read.
>
> It looks like this was generated by 'update-modules', and I see:
>
>   ### update-modules: start processing /etc/modutils/alsa-base
>
> And in there, I see /this/:
>
>   alias sb off

Hrm, commenting that out, re-running "update-modules", and then doing
a "modprobe sb" seems to have fixed it.

Now, why did that 'alias' get in there, and how do I keep it from coming
back?  I've never really messed with ALSA, and haven't ever had to do
much in the way of sound set up under Linux (since the SB16 is usually
so easy to get working ;^) )

Thx!