[vox-tech] A script for automating secure UCDavis logins

[vox-tech] A script for automating secure UCDavis logins

UC Davis has several services which have absolutely no relation to
HTTP, but nevertheless require you to login over the web in order to
take advantage of these services. Among these services are
news.ucdavis.edu, and Moobilenet (the UC Davis wireless network).

Here's a simple script (that seems to work) to automate the login.

#!/bin/bash
COOKIES_FILE=$(mktemp /tmp/cookies.XXXXXX)
chmod 600 $COOKIES_FILE
curl --user username:password \
   http://www-wls.ucdavis.edu/private/cgi-bin/wls.pl \
   --location-trusted --cookie-jar $COOKIES_FILE
rm -f $COOKIES_FILE

This one's targeted for moobilenet. Just change the URL for usenet.
This supercedes any previous version using lynx that I've posted here
before. Lynx just wasn't working for this one.

--Ken Bloom