Re: [vox-tech] Kernel Panic Dissipated

Rod Roark wrote:

vmlinux (pale blue) -> vmlinuz-2.6.8-24.10-default

Perhaps this last symlink is vmlinuz and not vmlinux?
Correct.

If so
it seems the problem is just that your vmlinuz and initrd
symlinks are out of sync. So perhaps all you need to do is:

cd <mountpoint>/boot
rm vmlinuz
ln -s vmlinuz-2.6.8-24.10-um vmlinuz

OR:

cd <mountpoint>/boot
rm initrd
ln -s initrd-2.6.8-24.10-default initrd

Okay I tried the second option after reading Bill Wells post. It worked!

I want to thank everybody, especially Jonathan, Rod and Pete. I thank Rod for the moderate provocation, and Pete for the less moderate provocation. You guys forced me onto the higher path of education. And while stressful, it was fun. I'm really happy I got to learn a lot of stuff instead of doing a re-install. I already know how to do an install.

Thanks again. Have a nice holiday season.

Bob