Re: [vox-tech] make oldconfig - copying old values

On Wed 22 Dec 04, 11:26 AM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> said:
> On Wednesday 22 December 2004 10:36 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> >    cp linux-2.6.7/.config linux-2.6.8/.oldconfig
>                                         ~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Hmm, what I do is something like:
>
>    cp linux-2.6.7/.config linux-2.6.8/.config
>    cd linux-2.6.8
>    make oldconfig
>
> -- Rod

Hrmmm...  either both methods used to work or I've forgotten what I used to.
I wouldn't put it past me.   ;-)

Thanks, Rod!

Pete

PS- I did manage to figure out the panic.  My motherboard requires some
chipset drivers that didn't get included.  So now there's no worries.  As
long as I don't forget how to make oldconfig.  :-)