Re: [vox-tech] PHP/MySQL very slow

Mitch Patenaude said:
> I can think of a couple of places where the computer's IP address is
> used in the PHP<->MySQL linkage.

> that would tend to make it fail altogether rather than just become
> slow... and if the DB and webserver are on the same box, then the host
> is probably "localhost", but it's something to check.

It wasn't in the MySQL settings at all; in the same config file where the
mysql_connect parameters are set, there is a variable in this application
called wwwroot... which was set to the old IP address.  I changed it to
the new IP address, and now the site works fine.

I'll go back under my hole now.