Re: [vox-tech] Xterm and terminal types

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 19:45:00 -0800
Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> wrote:

> So, the good news is that my sister, an MD in Tennessee,
> wants me to switch most of the computers in her clinic from
> Windows to Linux.
>
> They have a practice management system running on an SCO
> server (yeah, I know...) and it seems the clients currently
> connect to it via telnet with a Windows terminal emulation
> program.  I'm told by the vendor that the terminal program
> needs to support "SCO ANSI" as the terminal type.
>
> The upgraded clients will run KDE, so the obvious terminal
> program is Konsole; I think it works a lot like xterm and
> may even be based on it.
>
> Anyway, I don't really understand all the nuances of termcap,
> terminfo, setterm, stty, etc. and what, if anything I might
> need to do to make the terminal emulation work properly.
> I did some googling but it was not very helpful.
>
> Does anyone understand this stuff enough to enlighten me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Rod

It doesn't just work if you export TERM=linux on the SCO box after
you've connected to the SCO box but before you've started the practice
management software? I haven't found anything to suggest that SCO
shouldn't work this way. Try also a few of these links.

http://www.aplawrence.com/Bofcusm/1426.html
http://tinyurl.com/3wkh6
http://tinyurl.com/5333w
http://tinyurl.com/6oqh5