[vox-tech] USB/Firewire HDDs with laptop

[vox-tech] USB/Firewire HDDs with laptop

Hi All,

Has anybody had experience with installing and using Linux on an external
drive (USB/Firewire) for a laptop.

I'm not ready to trash an existing HDD running M/S on newest laptop, and
an external drive is the cheapest solution.

I'm looking at installing CentOS (http://www.caosity.org/) a RHEL 3 free
port, necessary as I'm wanting to trial Oracle 10g. Unfortunately, only
the M/S laptop has enough ram (1GB) for it to work.

Any feedback or experiences would be most appreciated.

Regards

Ronald Bradford