Re: [vox-tech] NFS Mounting Error - Solved (sort of)

Re: [vox-tech] NFS Mounting Error - Solved (sort of)

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Chris Jenks wrote:

A google search revealed that nfsservctl is a "syscall interface to kernel nfs daemon." Command number 0 means "This is a server process," while command number 0x1 means "Add an NFS client." I suspect that my kernel configuration is at fault. I'll look at it.
I recompiled the 2.6.8 kernel for the NFS server and selected NFS and the NFS server to be compiled directly into the kernel, rather than built as loadable modules as I had previously. Upon reboot I can mount the NFS from the client machine with no error. One hint I had to try this was that when I tried to modprobe nfsd with the old kernel, I got an error about lockd not being able to allocate memory. I don't know why building NFS into the kernel fixed it.

Yours,

Chris