2004 Nov 26 01:47

Re: [vox-tech] modifying gdm to enable multiple logins

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 12:48:09AM -0800, Trevor M. Lango wrote:
> I use gdm to login to kde.

Just curious, why not use KDM?  Any particular features missing, or that
you don't like?

> I modified '/etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf' so that gdm starts up on vt7 and vt8.
> My default session is 'KDE'.  I can login fine on vt7 but on vt8 I get an
> 'xsession-errors' that complains about not being able to use display '0:0'
> (vt7)  Any suggestions much appreciated!

Interesting.  Once in KDE, can you start a new session from the K menu?
(On my system, it shows up as a rocket-ship icon with "Start New Session"
next to it, between "Run Command..." and "Lock Screen" towards the bottom
of the K menu)

Happy Thanksgiving, BTW!  (Well, at least to any of us over in Hawaii ;^) )