2004 Nov 26 00:47

Re: [vox-tech] Understanding a C hello world program

Re: [vox-tech] Understanding a C hello world program

-_-'... it's late at night and I'm so incoherent...

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Mark K. Kim wrote:

> Just from reading that assembler's manual and looking at the motivations
> behind memory maps, it seemed like general enough idea that it was likely
> to be implemented in other assemblers as well.

I meant to write: "Just from reading that assembler's manual and looking
at the motivations behind *CUSTOM SECTIONS*, it seemed like general enough
idea that it was likely to be implemented in other assemblers as well."

> == BEGIN DATA SECTION FUNCTION EXECUTION CODE ==
[snip]
> #define FUNCTION_SIZE 9
[snip]

Obviously I meant to actually use this FUNCTION_SIZE define instead of
hard-coding 9 everywhere.  Search-and-replace 9 with FUNCTION_SIZE on all
lines below this line of the code please.

I found out that the function takes up 9 bytes from `objdump -d`...  A
trick I learned from Peter =)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim