2004 Nov 30 12:30

[vox-tech] Using awk or perl to find and replace

[vox-tech] Using awk or perl to find and replace

I have been reading the man pages and I'm lost.  I want to scan through
an input file for an expression with this pattern:

    h.*.JPG

and replace it with an expression with the following pattern:

    *.h.JPG

Perl and awk both appear to be ideal candidates for just such a task
but I'm a serious newbie to both of 'em.  Any help much appreciated!