2004 Nov 22 18:57

Re: [vox-tech] Slackware 10 printing revisited

Re: [vox-tech] Slackware 10 printing revisited

På måndag, 22 november 2004, skrev Ken Bloom:
[...]
> > > - run 'tail on /var/log/syslog' and see if there are any
> > > messages about the printer or parallel port there.
> >
> > 	none
>
> hey - that's only the last 10 lines of the file. you have to have him
> search the whole thing if you think something will be there. judging
> from what information we have so far, I don't think he'll see anything
> though.

Er yes, I should have asked for 'tail -f /var/log/syslog &' to run in the
background while doing the other tests. Sorry for that lapse. But if the
printer does not respond when text is echoed to /dev/lp0, that is a
discouraging sign.

--
Henry House