2004 Nov 22 14:21

Re: [vox-tech] Slackware 10 printing revisited

På måndag, 22 november 2004, skrev wild bill:
> First of all I would like to thank all who responeded to my
> original post.  They verified that I was/had been
> proceeding correctly.
>
> I am still unable to print with my HP 4L printer.
>
> 	Printer connected to Parallel port
> 		PC Parallel Port Support section in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules
> 			uncommented
> 		Parallel Printer Support  section in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules
> 			uncommented
>
> 	Using hpijs driver
>
> 	root@OCELOT:/etc/cups# lp0
> 	bash: lp0: command not found

Hello Bill! It sounds like your paralell port may not be working (still).
Here are some ways to test it:

- Run 'lsmod' and see the the parport, parport_pc, and lp modules are
  present.

- Run 'echo hello > /dev/lp0' and see if anything comes out of the printer,
  if lights blink, etc.

- run 'tail on /var/log/syslog' and see if there are any messages about the
  printer or parallel port there.

I hope this helps!

--
Henry House