2004 Nov 14 14:25

Re: [vox-tech] Printer Recommendation?

On Sunday 14 November 2004 12:31 pm, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> I was wondering if someone could recommend an inkjet printer for Linux use.

Here are a couple of data points.

We used to have an Epson C80 which worked OK but used a lot
of ink and the cartridges were expensive.  A few months ago
we replaced it with a Canon i860 and were very pleased with
its performance and quality, especially with photos.  Also
it seems to be much more frugal with the ink and, unlike the
Epson, has not had any problems with the cartridges drying
out or clogging.

However getting Canon's Linux driver for the i860 to work
(ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/linux/) was a real
pain.  If I did it again I'd shell out a few bucks for the
driver at http://www.turboprint.de/turboprint.html.

We also have an old HP laser printer that gets most of the
B&W print jobs - it's much cheaper that way.

-- Rod