2004 Nov 14 15:53

Re: [vox-tech] uhci memory problem

Thanks.
>Just guesting, but probably another device is using that I/O region.  >Try taking out some of the PCI devices and see if that helps.  If it >does, try shuffling the problematic PCI device to another PCI slot -- >it may or may not help.
My system is a laptop, and my usb controller is integrated. The only
removable device it has is the network card. I tried removing it, but it
didn't help. Anyway, it's io ports are in the 4000s, not the f000s where
my usb controller is. I will append my /proc/ioports, but I can't see
any overlaps or anything obviously wrong. The range for the usb
controller is fca0 to fcbf. Maybe that is too small or something. The
ide controller and sound card are below and above. The sound card is
also below because it has several ranges. Why does it use so much? What
are the regions anyway, in relation to the io port ranges?

So, here is my /proc/ioports:
0000-001f : dma1
0020-0021 : pic1
0040-0043 : timer0
0050-0053 : timer1
0060-006f : keyboard
0080-008f : dma page reg
00a0-00a1 : pic2
00c0-00df : dma2
00f0-00ff : fpu
0170-0177 : ide1
01f0-01f7 : ide0
02f8-02ff : serial
0376-0376 : ide1
03bc-03be : parport0
03f6-03f6 : ide0
03f8-03ff : serial
04d0-04d1 : pnp 00:0b
0760-0760 : pnp 00:00
07bc-07be : parport0
0cf8-0cff : PCI conf1
1000-103f : 0000:00:02.3
  1000-103f : motherboard
    1000-1003 : PM1a_EVT_BLK
    1008-100b : PM_TMR
    100c-100f : GPE0_BLK
    1010-1015 : ACPI CPU throttle
1040-105f : 0000:00:02.3
  1040-104f : motherboard
    1040-104f : pnp 00:0b
  1050-105f : motherboard
    1050-1051 : PM1a_CNT_BLK
4000-40ff : PCI CardBus #02
  4000-40ff : 0000:02:00.0
    4000-40ff : 8139too
4400-44ff : PCI CardBus #02
4800-48ff : PCI CardBus #06
4c00-4cff : PCI CardBus #06
f800-f8ff : 0000:00:06.0
fc58-fc5b : 0000:00:07.0
  fc58-fc5b : ESS Solo-1
fc5c-fc5f : 0000:00:07.0
  fc5c-fc5f : ESS Solo-1
fc60-fc6f : 0000:00:07.0
  fc60-fc6f : ESS Solo-1
fc70-fc7f : 0000:00:07.0
  fc70-fc7f : ESS Solo-1
fc88-fc8f : 0000:00:06.0
fc90-fc9f : 0000:00:02.1
  fc90-fc97 : ide0
  fc98-fc9f : ide1
fca0-fcbf : 0000:00:02.2 //my usb controller
  fca0-fcaf : motherboard
fcc0-fcff : 0000:00:07.0
  fcc0-fcff : ESS Solo-1

Thanks for any help.