2004 Nov 13 00:55

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] Now I have a virus. Argh!!!!!

Back in July, I wrote:

> I've been making a list of the known Linux viruses.  It turns out to be
> really easy to make one, but (except during rare vulnerability windows
> when there's a nice juicy security hole that's just been discovered and
> that you've figured out how to exploit) damned near impossible to get
> them to be executed and spread.
>
> Staog, Bliss, Vit, RST (Remote Shell Trojan), Gildo, OSF, Kagob, Satyr,
> Rike (Rike.1627), Winter (Lotek), Diesel, Nuxbee, Winux (PEElf, Pelf),
> Svat, Obsidian.E, Simile (Etap), Jac, Pavid (Alfa.dr), Telf, Ynit,
> Zipworm (distinctive only in that it likes to infect ELF files in Zip
> archives), and Penguin:  These are all "ELF infectors", where "ELF" is the
> standard Unix binary format.   [snip 100+ more lines]

OK, I've let the other shoe drop, and catalogued / analysed _all_ Linux
malware (to my knowledge), in a new addition to my "Rants" pages.  Enjoy!

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=virus#virus5

--
Cheers,                 There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who
Rick Moen               know ternary, those who don't, and those who are now