2004 Nov 15 12:51

Re: [vox-tech] Slackware 10 Printing

Many HP Lasers work great with the standard postscript driver. However, you may need the hpijs driver for the HP4L. That's what I need for my HP4.

Jonathan

wild bill wrote:
OK, I give up. I have been trying to set up my Slackware 10 box to print on my old HP 4L for over a month with no success.

I got my wheel mouse to work, sound was another challenge, and getting 1024 x 768 took a while. But I am completely baffled with CUPS. I moved from SUSE which had YAST to handle many of the arcane sytax/usage problems that are probaby the root of my problem.

The http://localhost:631/admin command to get to the gui apsfilter app is great BUT, what device url should I use for a workstation box?

bill wells