2004 Nov 07 07:58

Re: [vox-tech] Fedora Core 3 - Newbie Questions

On Thursday 04 November 2004 11:08 am, Edward Elliott wrote:
> I've gotten kind of fed up with the Gentoo compiles and
> I'm going to try Fedora Core 3 after the final is
> released (next week?). I'd appreciate any advice on some
> questions left over from my Gentoo trials.

Well you might also want to look at Mandrake 10.1.  It's a
good professional distribution, not a testing battleground
like Fedora.

> 1) Is there anything different or special I should be
> aware of in order use my SBC DSL link, or can I just copy
> what I have now in Gentoo?

You can't just copy config files, if that's what you mean.
Red Hat has a network configuration GUI that's easy to use.

[...]
> 4) Would anyone like to recommend a good reference site
> for someone new to Fedora? I mean something other than the
> docs at http://fedora.redhat.com/ and Colin's docs for the
> UN at http://www.iosn.net/training/end-user-manual/print

That's a big problem with Fedora - the docs suck.  One good
starting point is the Red Hat 9 documentation at:

  http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/

-- Rod