2004 Nov 03 11:45

Re: [vox-tech] screen question

Peter Jay Salzman said:
> There's a bunch of computers that have NFS mounted /home.
[chop]
> The screen sessions are saved in $HOME/.screen.  Typical socket:
>
>    kusch$ ls -la .screen/
>    total 8.0K
>    drwx------    2 psalzman g96          4.0K Oct 31 20:36 ./
>    drwx------   32 psalzman g96          4.0K Oct 31 20:36 ../
>    prwx------    1 psalzman g96             0 Oct 31 20:37
> 6991.pts-13.kusch|

One more comment: (You probably know this...)
It is critical for the device special files here (pipes) to include the
host names as you show above when using screen with the ~/.screen/
convention (instead of the system maintained screen session lists or tmp)
or else there will be problems.

Hope you are well,
-ME