2004 Nov 01 08:53

Re: [vox-tech] screen question

If a session is still attached according to the system, you can try to
issue a remote detatch:
(new shell, login from a non-screen session on the box)
$ screen -d

Another option is to try a force re-attach with "-R" (includes existing
attached sessions as wells as ones which are detatched.)
$ screen -R

If screen -l shows the sessions, or there are multiple sessions, you can
attach to a session by its ID.

If you noticed that screen still does not work, then you should note that
screen user should be able to write to /tmp for socket space (assuming
insecure /tmp space writing.) In your case, you state that your session
info for screens are stored in your own home directory. You may want to
check to see if the SUID bit on screen has been altered, or if an upgrade
of screen 9while it as running) caused the new version to search /tmp
instead of ~/.screen, (etc.)

Hopefully, one of these above will help.

-ME