2004 Oct 26 18:11

Re: [vox-tech] Histograms on GNU/Linux?

I use Octave for 99% of my numerical work lately (www.octave.org). It has functions to produce histogram/bar plots. By default it uses gnuplot as its external plotter.

Jonathan

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
I have a few numbers in OpenOffice that I'd like to make a histogram of.

It appears that OO has no histogram plotter. Gnuplot doesn't seem to have
one either (there appears to be a patch, but I'd rather not go down that road
unless I have to).

It appears that Gnumeric can do histograms, but when I tried...

p@satan$ gnumeric
** (gnumeric:5072): WARNING **: GnomePrint: Requested Arial1 but using Sans
(Sans Regular 9.000000)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
p@satan$
Note the warning had nothing to do with the segfault AFAIK.

How do people do histograms on Linux (other than than by hand?) I'd prefer
suggestions that people USE rather than a mindless response invoking
freshmeat. I wanna be able to ask you a question if I have one. ;-)

Pete