2004 Oct 18 11:44

Re: [vox-tech] debian and openoffice

Robert G. Scofield wrote:

What level of expertise does one need in order to install Gentoo? It's not like installing Mandrake or SuSE, right? I'm somewhat familiar with the Debian install. Is it like Debian?

Not a whole lot. For example, I had never used "chroot" before or even compiled a kernel. All you need is the ability to follow the excellent step by step directions in the documentation. Well, that's not exactly true. You will also need time, since there is a lot of compiling to do. But it is really worth it. I guarantee once you try Gentoo you will never look back.

Bruce