2004 Oct 11 20:17

Re: [vox-tech] ssh connection closed

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:00:51 -0700, Ken Herron <kherron+lugod@fmailbox.com> wrote:

Does not look likely:

1) It is off by default and I did not turn it on. I will look at the
config just in case when my VNC access to the machine is restored
(Monday morning), but I really do not think so.

2) I do not have reverse DNS at all on my local system (we run no
production servers on my LAN so there is no need for it ) but I manged
SSH logins a few times on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Graeme

Perhaps sshd on the remote system is set up with VerifyReverseMapping turned on, and DNS for your local system is flakey?

--
Graeme
graeme@pietersz.net