2004 Oct 07 10:12

Re: [vox-tech] accessing a UC Davis Restricted Document

Re: [vox-tech] accessing a UC Davis Restricted Document

Bryan Richter wrote:
To me, a web browser is a mystical device that lets me see pictures from afar,
like some palantir. When it breaks, then, I don't know the first place to start
looking for a fix.

My problem is when I try to access a "UC Davis Restricted Document." There are
two times I run into these: Selecting the web-based reader from
http://news.ucdaivs.edu and logging in at http://sportclubs.ucdavis.edu . I'll
use the Sport Clubs site as the example, since it's the one I really need.

This is the process for Firefox 0.9.3 and Konqueror 3.3: When I click the login
button, I am directed to a page informing me that the document is restricted and
I need to sign in with my UCD loginID and Kerberos password. So, I click
'continue' and fill out the form. When I press 'ok', the information page (still
displayed) is simply reloaded. This is not what used to happen, nor what should
happen.
Works for me in FireFox 1.0 "preview release". That is, I can log into sportsclubs.ucdavis.edu with my kerberos password. You say you "fill out a form"; for me this is a popup window with username and password fields. Is that what you get? Do you have any strange settings for your browser, like a proxy or such?

Jonathan