2004 Oct 03 21:35

[vox-tech] SMTP problem with cs.ucdavis.edu

[vox-tech] SMTP problem with cs.ucdavis.edu

Could someone try this for me?

    telnet cs.ucdavis.edu 25

You're supposed to get something like this example:

  $ telnet smtp.ucdavis.edu 25
  Trying 169.237.104.195...
  Connected to smtp.ucdavis.edu.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  220 warsaw.ucdavis.edu ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.10/8.12.9/it-defang-5.2.0; Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:21:29 -0700 (PDT)

However with cs.ucdavis.edu, I get a connection but no 220
line.  As a result there's some LUGOD mailing list mail
that's not being delivered.  I'm wondering if it's a
firewall issue.

Any other insight as to what's going on would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Rod