2004 Oct 03 16:06

Re: [vox-tech] Cut and paste

Ken Herron wrote:

--On Saturday, October 02, 2004 11:14:34 AM -0500 Jay Strauss <me@heyjay.com> wrote:

If I want to cut and paste, I have to go to the menu->edit->copy then I
can paste to FireFox.  It's like there are 2 clipboards or something.
Can't I do cut and paste without mousing?  The menu->edit->copy doesn't
have a keyboard shortcut.

Actually, yes, there are two clipboards. See <http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html>. Many apps will support Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, and Ctrl-V as shortcuts for the menu copy, cut, and paste commands. But of course for konsole those keystrokes go to the terminal session.

Thanks for the link.  I've read it, and kinda understand it even.

On top of that, if you're using KDE then you're probably running klipper. Klipper takes over some of the clipboard operation, so depending on how that's configured, things may work differently for you.

I'll have to read about klipper now to

Thanks
Jay