2004 Oct 04 13:17

Re: [vox-tech] "bring to front" X-window command

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> However, I would like to override this feature in my program so that the
> window rises to the top no matter what the WM/DE trys to do.

That seems to defeat the purpose of that feature in KDE which you're
trying to override!

> From what
> I understand, setting the "override-redirect" attribute of the window to
> "True" should do what I want.  Instead, nothing happens when
> XRaiseWindow is called, neither in KDE or Openbox.

>From an earlier conversation in this thread, I got the impression that
"override-redirect" is something that the window manager uses to override
the default behavior of the application (to override the XRaiseWindow call
of the application.)  In your case, KDE uses "override-redirect" to
prevent your app from coming up to the top.  The app doesn't get to do the
overriding, only the WM.  Or that's the impression I got from earlier
posting in this thread...

Wish I could be of more help!

-Mark

--