2004 Oct 02 10:06

Re: [vox-tech] Cut and paste

Jay Strauss wrote:

Hi,

I sorta remember a thread like this, but couldn't find it in the archives.

When I run konsole, when I highlight some text, I can middle click and paste it into another (or same) xterm, but I can't paste it into a GUI program like FireFox.

If I want to cut and paste, I have to go to the menu->edit->copy then I can paste to FireFox.
It's like there are 2 clipboards or something. Can't I do cut and paste without mousing? The menu->edit->copy doesn't have a keyboard shortcut.

I'd rather just use simple xterm but I don't even have the menu option for "copy".

Thanks
Jay

Please disregard my original post.

I didn't realize I could middle button on GUI apps.

Jay