2004 Sep 28 14:51

Re: [vox-tech] Saving a read message to a new folder without itappearing new

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 10:42:24AM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> I use mutt as one of my two mailers. When using mutt to check my
> email, I occasionally run across spam in my inbox which I promptly
> move to a probably-spam folder which is learned every
> hour and then emptied into an old-spam folder.
>
> Both mailboxes are in mbox format (I append probably-spam onto
> old-spam by using cat probably-spam >> old-spam), and the cronjob for
> baynessian learning operates directly on the mbox files. Mutt accesses
> the mailboxes over IMAP, because this is the best way I could make my
> email clients coordinate with each other.
>
> I have written a macro bound to ^W to move the spam. It is defined as
> follows:
> macro index \Cw "s=util/probably-spam\n" "Move as spam"
>
> When I run this macro, however, the message shows up as unread in the
> probably-spam folder, and since I don't do any processing on the
> messages as I cat them onto the end of the old-spam folder, it shows
> up unread there too.
>
> How can I make messages appear *read* when I move them, so that I
> don't have to go through my old-spam folder later and view them all
> and mark them read.
>
> I've also tried
> macro index \Cw "\Crs=util/probably-spam\n" "Move as spam"
> but that doesn't work either.
>
> --Ken Bloom

macro index \Cw "C=util/probably-spam\nd" "Move as spam"
seems to do the trick. (Copy the message then delete the original)

"All the spots [of tzarat] that a man sees on others, are his own."
 -- The Mishna, as read according to the Ba'al Shem Tov