2004 Sep 29 03:44

Re: [vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

Re: [vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

I sympathize with you, Bill.  Getting the frame speed right is a pain in
the rear (especially if you got sound and need to video to it *and* get
the frame speed correct.)

As I recall, mencoder has an option for setting the input frame speed and
the output frame speed.  Try setting those.  Also look into "3:2 Pulldown"
option for converting 24.9fps to 30fps (which you may or may not need.)

Good luck!

-Mark

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I'm tired, and having difficulty coming up with an mencoder recipe
> to take a ~640x480 MPEG that plays too fast (seems to have been captured
> at ~25fps, but is played back at 60fps) and turn it into a 320x240 MPEG
> that plays at the original speed.  (I created a video using xvidcap, but
> want it smaller, to reduce size, and to play actual speed things were
> happening).
>
> So far, I think I need "-vf harddup" to get the single frames in the
> original to count as multiple frames in the new file, and "-vop scale=320:240"
> to scale the image.
>
> Basing my command on a little scale-and-save-as-MPEG4 (AVI) script I have
> for turning a video into something playable on the Zaurus, I was able
> to get my original MPEG to turn into a 320x240 AVI.  Close, but it played too
> fast, and I'd rather encode it back into MPEG.
>
> Anyone here an mplayer/mencoder expert? ;)
> Thx!
>
> -bill!
> bill@newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
> http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       Tux Paint 0.9.14 -- Coming soon!